Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
Shima Nishiki Tree Peony
Send me an email when this item is available
- Light: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Size: 2-3 eye divisions
- Zone: 4-7
- Bloom Time: Early flowering (early mid spring)
- Height: 36 - 70 inches
- Soil Requirement: Well-drained, humus enriched.
- Deer Resistant
- SKU: 60365
- Availability: Out of Stock
For each offer ordered, get 1
- Botanical Name Paeonia suffruticosa 'Shimanishiki'
- Form Shrub/small tree
- Hardiness Zone 4-7
- Flowering Time Early flowering (early mid spring)
- Light Requirements Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color Red with an irregular pattern of white stripes.
- Flower Form Semi-double flowers, 5-7" in diameter.
- Foliage Type Medium green foliage is deeply divided into oval to lance-shaped leaflets. Foliage remains attractive throughout the growing season. No fall color.
- Growth Rate Slow to medium
- Height/Habit 36 - 70 inches
- Spread 4.2 - 5 feet
- Planting Instructions Dig a planting hole 12" wide and deep, incorporating some garden compost and fertilizer. Plant this grafted bareroot tree peonies deeply. The graft union should be 3 to 4" below the soil. This will encourage the tree peony to make fresh roots and basal shoots. Do not overwater newly planted tree peonies. This is the biggest cause of failure.
- Soil Requirements Well-drained, humus enriched.
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Tree peonies require no or minimal pruning. If needed cut back just above new growth in summer or in fall. Removal of the oldest stems down to the base in the fall after leaf-fall encourages bushier growth, but this is normally not necessary the first 7-10 years.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/12/19 - 11/1/19|
|7B-13B||8/19/19 - 11/11/19|
|Last Order Date||11/15/2019|
|ZONES||Fall Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-7AB||8/12/19 - 12/9/19|
|8AB-13AB||8/26/19 - 12/9/19|
|Last Order Date||12/13/2019|
|1AB-13B||9/15/19 - 11/29/19|
|Last Order Date||11/25/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|