Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
Lively & Lovely Iris Duet
Send me an email when this item is available
- Light: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Size: #1 Rhizome
- Zone: 3-9
- Bloom Time: Late Spring to early summer (June)
- Height: 34 inches
- Soil Requirement: Prefers regular to moist soils
- Deer Resistant
- SKU: 60478
- Availability: Out of Stock
For each offer ordered, get 2
- Botanical Name Iris sibirica 'How Audacious' and 'Tipped in Blue'
- Form Perennial
- Hardiness Zone 3-9
- Flowering Time Late Spring to early summer (June)
- Light Requirements Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color How Audacious has reddish-violet standards and blue-violet falls shading to reddish-violet at the edges. Cream wire rim around the falls. The falls also show a pattern of cream dashes. Tipped in Blue has light sky blue flowers with yellow.
- Flower Form 5.2" slightly ruffled flowers with falls and standards
- Foliage Type Slightly arching, narrow grass-like leaves.
- Growth Rate Medium
- Height/Habit 34 inches
- Spread 18 - 24 inches
- Planting Instructions Dig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Firm soil around roots and water in well.
- Soil Requirements Prefers regular to moist soils
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Wet Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Remove spent flower stems after blooming.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONES||Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs|
|1AB - 5A||3/16/20- 6/17/20|
|5B-10AB||2/17/20 - 6/17/20|
|Last Order Date||6/8/2020|
|1AB - 5A||4/16/20- 6/1/20|
|5A||4/12/20 - 6/1/20|
|5B||3/19/20 - 6/1/20|
|6A & 6B||3/5/20 - 6/1/20|
|7A & 7B||2/26/20 - 6/1/20|
|8A & 8B||2/19/20 - 6/1/20|
|9A - 10B||1/22/20 - 6/1/20|
|Last Order Date||5/28/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|