Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
- Light: Part to full shade.
- Size: 2–3 Eye Root
- Zone: 4 to 8
- Bloom Time: Early to Mid Summer
- Height: 20 - 24 inches
- Soil Requirement: Average well drained soils.
- SKU: 61247
- Availability: In Stock
For each offer ordered, get 1
- Botanical Name Hosta sieboldiana 'Elegans'
- Form Perennial
- Hardiness Zone 3-9
- Flowering Time Early-midsummer
- Light Requirements Part to full shade.
- Flower Color Pale lavender to White flowers. Large smoky-blue (blue-green) round to heart-shaped leaves.
- Flower Form Funnel-shaped, mostly white (sometimes lilac tinged at the base) flowers appear in racemes slightly above the foliage atop upright leafy scapes rising to 36" tall
- Foliage Type Thick, puckered, cupped, wide-oval leaves (to 14" long and 12" wide) have distinctive veining, cuspidate tips and cordate lobes.
- Growth Rate Medium
- Zones 4 to 8
- Height/Habit 20 - 24 inches
- Spread 36 - 48 inches
- Planting Instructions Plant with the tip of the crown just below the soil. Dig hole large enough to spread roots out naturally. Water well after planting.
- Soil Requirements Average well drained soils.
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Remove spent flower stems to tidy up plants for rest of the season.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONES||Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs|
|1AB - 5A||3/19/19- 6/16/19|
|5B||2/26/19 - 6/16/19|
|6A - 10AB||2/19/19 - 6/16/19|
|Last Order Date||6/18/2019|
|1AB - 5A||4/16/19- 6/1/19|
|5A||4/12/19 - 6/1/19|
|5B||3/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|6A & 6B||3/5/19 - 6/1/19|
|7A & 7B||2/26/19 - 6/1/19|
|8A & 8B||2/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|9A - 10B||1/22/19 - 6/1/19|
|Last Order Date||5/28/2019|
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/13/18 - 11/2/18|
|7B-13B||8/22/18 - 11/2/18|
|Last Order Date||10/29/18|
|ZONES||Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-5AB||8/15/18 - 12/16/18|
|6AB-7AB||8/22/18 - 12/16/18|
|8AB-13AB||8/29/18 - 12/16/18|
|Last Order Date||12/12/2018|
|1AB-13B||9/6/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||11/12/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|