Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
Apeldoorn Perennial Tulip
- Light: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Size: 11-12 cm
- Zone: 3-8
- Bloom Time: Mid spring
- Height: 24 - 26 inches
- Soil Requirement: Well-drained
- SKU: 72196
- Availability: In Stock
For each offer ordered, get 10
Buy 10 Bulbs, Get 10 Bulbs FREE!
You will receive 10 FREE Bulbs when your order arrives. Please note, the additional 10 Bulbs will not show on your web order and will be processed when your order ships.
- Botanical Name Tulipa 'Apeldoorn'
- Hardiness Zone 3-8
- Flowering Time Mid spring
- Light Requirements Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color 5" blooms, cherry Red with a black base
- Flower Form 5" flowers with a classic tulip (egg) shape
- Foliage Type Gray-green, linear or broadly ovate.
- Growth Rate Moderate
- Height/Habit 24 - 26 inches
- Spread 4 - 6 inches
- Planting Instructions Plant 6" deep and 4-6" apart. Loosen soil about 10" and water well after planting.
- Soil Requirements Well-drained
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Only dead heading. It is important to let the foliage mature and die down naturally, do not cut back. Next year's bloom is being developed
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/12/19 - 11/1/19|
|7B-13B||8/19/19 - 11/11/19|
|Last Order Date||11/15/2019|
|ZONES||Fall Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-7AB||8/12/19 - 12/9/19|
|8AB-13AB||8/26/19 - 12/9/19|
|Last Order Date||12/13/2019|
|1AB-13B||9/15/19 - 11/29/19|
|Last Order Date||11/25/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|