Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
Orange Splash Iris
- Light: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Size: #1 Rhizome
- Zone: 4 to 9
- Bloom Time: Mid to Late Summer
- Height: 36-48"
- Soil Requirement: Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Deer Resistant
- SKU: 08347
- Availability: In Stock
For each offer ordered, get 1
Liven up your landscape by adding vibrant touches of colour with the Splash Orange Iris. The bright orange hues of this Dutch-sourced plant will easily become a focal point during the sunny springtime. With towering stems, these stunning irises reach a height of 39 inches and produce eight to nine buds per stalk. Featuring a bright cadmium orange shade, these irises will illuminate areas of your garden with a glorious sunburst of colour.
Plant the orange bearded iris (Iris germanica) in mid to late summer about 1 inch deep and 12 to 24 inches apart. They prefer well-drained soil, but tolerate clay, loamy and sandy soil. Splash Orange irises require full sun or half sun and half shade and flourish in hardiness zones 4 to 9. These perennial iris bulbs will return to brighten your garden year after year.
Add these brilliant Dutch orange bearded iris flowers to areas around your property for cheerful splashes of colour. They also make a welcome addition to flower beds and areas along the borders of your lawn. To add variety to a garden, the combination of the irises and other perennials such as roses, peonies and lilies work well together. Add vibrant hues to your landscape with the Splash Orange Iris this sunny spring.
- Botanical Name Iris germanica 'Orange Splash'
- Form Perennial
- Hardiness Zone 4-9
- Flowering Time Mid Spring, Late Spring
- Light Requirements Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color Iridescent golden orange
- Flower Form 6" flowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards.
- Foliage Type Glaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Growth Rate Medium
- Zones 4 to 9
- Height/Habit 36-48"
- Spread 15 - 18 inches
- Planting Instructions Set rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 5 hours of sun per day.
- Soil Requirements Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Remove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall; cut back foliage to 6" fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONES||Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs|
|1AB - 5A||3/19/19- 6/16/19|
|5B||2/26/19 - 6/16/19|
|6A - 10AB||2/19/19 - 6/16/19|
|Last Order Date||6/18/2019|
|1AB - 5A||4/16/19- 6/1/19|
|5A||4/12/19 - 6/1/19|
|5B||3/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|6A & 6B||3/5/19 - 6/1/19|
|7A & 7B||2/26/19 - 6/1/19|
|8A & 8B||2/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|9A - 10B||1/22/19 - 6/1/19|
|Last Order Date||5/28/2019|
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/13/18 - 11/2/18|
|7B-13B||8/22/18 - 11/2/18|
|Last Order Date||10/29/18|
|ZONES||Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-5AB||8/15/18 - 12/16/18|
|6AB-7AB||8/22/18 - 12/16/18|
|8AB-13AB||8/29/18 - 12/16/18|
|Last Order Date||12/12/2018|
|1AB-13B||9/6/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||11/12/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|