Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
Ocelot Tall Bearded Iris
- Light: Sun to Part Shade
- Size: #1 Rhizome
- Zone: 4 to 9
- Bloom Time: Mid to Late Spring
- Height: 24-36", 36-48"
- Soil Requirement: Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Deer Resistant
- SKU: 02273
- Availability: Out of Season
For each offer ordered, get 1
Add an interesting, ravishing touch to your flower beds mid- to late-spring with the Ocelot Iris. This bearded iris flower features a skirt of dark maroon ruffled falls that supports the pale peach arched and ruffled standards. A bright tangerine beard completes each perfect bloom. The green sword-like foliage forms a smooth, vertical contrast to the swirling petals of the flowers.
The Iris germanica "Ocelot" thrives in hardiness zones 4 to 9, and flourishes in full sun or part sun. This perennial thrives equally well in loamy, sandy or clay soil, and rhizomes should be planted 1 inch deep and 12 to 24 inches apart. The Ocelot Iris has a spread of 12 to 18 inches, but doesn't like to be overcrowded; divide the clumps of this tall bearded iris in late summer every fourth season.
Grow these tall irises in a rockery, an herb garden, at the back of a border, or in the centre of a circular bed. Plant in clumps for an impactful showing, and colour coordinate them with other perennials with foliage and blooms of similar or contrasting shades. A patch of these irises in a container on a patio or near a swimming pool adds colour and fragrance to your entertainment areas. Select the Ocelot Iris this growing season for a ravishing spring array.
Send me an email when this item is available
Send me an email when this item is available
- Botanical Name Iris germanica 'Ocelot'
- Form Perennial
- Hardiness Zone 4-9
- Flowering Time Mid Spring, Late Spring
- Light Requirements Sun to Part Shade
- Flower Color Pale peach standard, blackish-maroon falls and a tangerine beard.
- Flower Form Flowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards.
- Foliage Type Glaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Growth Rate Medium
- Zones 4 to 9
- Height/Habit 24-36", 36-48"
- Spread 15 - 18 inches
- Planting Instructions Set rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 5 hours of sun per day.
- Soil Requirements Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Remove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall; cut back foliage to 6" fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONES||Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs|
|1AB - 5A||3/19/19- 6/16/19|
|5B||2/26/19 - 6/16/19|
|6A & 10AB||2/19/19 - 6/16/19|
|Last Order Date||6/18/2019|
|1AB - 5A||4/16/19- 6/1/19|
|5A||4/12/19 - 6/1/19|
|5B||3/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|6A & 6B||3/5/19 - 6/1/19|
|7A & 7B||2/26/19 - 6/1/19|
|8A & 8B||2/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|9A - 10B||1/22/19 - 6/1/19|
|Last Order Date||5/28/2019|
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/13/18 - 11/2/18|
|7B-13B||8/22/18 - 11/2/18|
|Last Order Date||10/29/18|
|ZONES||Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-5AB||8/15/18 - 12/16/18|
|6AB-7AB||8/22/18 - 12/16/18|
|8AB-13AB||8/29/18 - 12/16/18|
|Last Order Date||12/12/2018|
|1AB-13B||9/6/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||11/12/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|