Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
Victoria Falls Reblooming Tall Bearded Iris
Send me an email when this item is available
- Light: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Size: #1 Rhizome
- Zone: 4-9
- Bloom Time: Early midseason to late flowering. Reblooms late summer/fall. (Mid spring, re-blooms late summer to early fall)
- Height: 40 inches
- Soil Requirement: Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Deer Resistant
- SKU: 08354
- Availability: Out of Stock
For each offer ordered, get 1Add an elegant and romantic touch to your garden with Victoria Falls Colourful, Tall Bearded Reblooming Irises. These flowers feature three large supple light blue standards and three falls, depicting a perfect flowing waterfall with a small patch of white that is reminiscent of the sun's reflection. Blooming in the spring time with an encore in late summer to early fall, it enhances your garden's appeal. When fully grown, this perennial stands a proud 40 inches in height.
Reblooming iris bulbs have the best chance for spring growth when planted in July through September. They thrive in well-drained soils of any kind. Iris germanica 'Victoria Falls' flourishes when planted 1 inch deep and placed 12 to 24 inches apart. Easy to grow, these deer-resistant flowers enjoy full to partial sun and are hardy in zones 4 through 9.
Exquisite reblooming bearded irises look stunning in a garden setting or summer borders. They gracefully sway in the breeze, releasing a light fragrance that, when combined with other scents in the garden, creates a fresh spring time bouquet. Victoria Falls colourful, tall bearded reblooming irises make quite a statement as the backdrop for a garden or as cut flowers in a centerpiece. Fill your home and garden with the soft smell of springtime.
- Botanical Name Iris germanica 'Victoria Falls'
- Form Perennial
- Hardiness Zone 4-9
- Flowering Time Early midseason to late flowering. Reblooms late summer/fall. (Mid spring, re-blooms late summer to early fall)
- Light Requirements Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color Light blue standards and falls
- Flower Form Flowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards.
- Foliage Type Glaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Growth Rate Medium
- Height/Habit 40 inches
- Spread 15 - 18 inches
- Planting Instructions Set rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 5 hours of sun per day.
- Soil Requirements Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Remove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6" fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/12/19 - 11/1/19|
|7B-13B||8/19/19 - 11/11/19|
|Last Order Date||11/15/2019|
|ZONES||Fall Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-7AB||8/12/19 - 12/9/19|
|8AB-13AB||8/26/19 - 12/9/19|
|Last Order Date||12/13/2019|
|1AB-13B||9/15/19 - 11/29/19|
|Last Order Date||11/25/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|