Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
Mariposa Skies Tall Bearded Reblooming Iris
Send me an email when this item is available
- Light: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Size: #1 Rhizome
- Zone: 4-9
- Bloom Time: Early midseason flowering. Reblooms late summer/fall. (Mid spring, re-blooms late summer to early fall)
- Height: 33 inches
- Soil Requirement: Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Deer Resistant
- SKU: 84614
- Availability: Out of Stock
For each offer ordered, get 1Add grace and sophistication to your garden with the Mariposa Skies Reblooming Iris. This classic Iris germanica is an uncommonly beautiful example of a bi-tone, with blue-white standards accented in subtle purple, complemented by blue-violet falls. Enjoy a second bounty with this gorgeous reblooming tall bearded iris; it blooms in mid spring, then again in late summer to early fall.
The Mariposa Skies reblooming iris thrives in Zones 4 to 9, in full sun to partial shade. Plant your bearded iris rhizomes in the fall, about 1 inch below the soil level and 12 to 24 inches apart in well drained clay, loamy or sandy soil. These lovely perennials will grow to 33 to 35 inches tall. The tall bearded iris is a garden favorite because of its classic lines, hardiness and ease of care.
Mariposa Skies Iris is an outstanding choice for placement in beds, against buildings and along fence lines. They are superb for naturalizing, as they come back stronger and more beautiful each year. The enchanting blues of this tall bearded iris are a perfect complement to many other spring colours and pair well with shorter iris varieties. Add a note of elegance to your landscape with this glorious ruffled iris.
- Botanical Name Iris germanica 'Mariposa Skies'
- Form Perennial
- Hardiness Zone 4-9
- Flowering Time Early midseason flowering. Reblooms late summer/fall. (Mid spring, re-blooms late summer to early fall)
- Light Requirements Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color Pale blue-white standards with medium blue-violet falls
- Flower Form Flowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards.
- Foliage Type Glaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Growth Rate Medium
- Height/Habit 33 inches
- Spread 15 - 18 inches
- Planting Instructions Set rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 5 hours of sun per day.
- Soil Requirements Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will Tolerate Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Remove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall; cut back foliage to 15 cm fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/12/19 - 11/1/19|
|7B-13B||8/19/19 - 11/11/19|
|Last Order Date||11/15/2019|
|ZONES||Fall Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-7AB||8/12/19 - 12/9/19|
|8AB-13AB||8/26/19 - 12/9/19|
|Last Order Date||12/13/2019|
|1AB-13B||9/15/19 - 11/29/19|
|Last Order Date||11/25/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|