Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
Heavenly Blues Iris Mixture Super Sak®
- Light: Sun to Partial Shade
- Size: #1 Rhizome
- Zone: 4 to 9
- Bloom Time: Mid to Late Spring
- Height: 35 - 40 inches
- Soil Requirement: Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Deer Resistant
- SKU: 08339
- Availability: Out of Season
For each offer ordered, get 5
Infuse your garden with the calming, peaceful Heavenly Blues Iris Mixture Super Sak®. This mix of Iris germanica includes a magnificent medley of exquisite blue flowers whose shades range from the crisp, icy blues of a clear winter day to the striking cobalt of twilight. Fragrant varieties intermingle with multi-coloured and painted cultivars. This eye-catching assortment blooms in mid to late spring in a breathtaking display.
Plant your Dutch-sourced Iris germanica rhizomes in the fall, covering them to 1 inch below the soil level and spacing them 12 to 24 inches apart in clay, loamy or sandy soil. They prefer well-drained soil. This tall bearded iris collection will thrive in full sun to partial shade in zones 4 to 9. The spectacular perennial irises in this selection grow 35 to 40 inches tall, and each plant produces an abundance of blooms that make a garden come alive.
The Heavenly Blues iris mixture Super Sak is an excellent choice for naturalizing, and will return in greater numbers every year. These uniquely-shaded flowers are also at home in formal gardens, pairing well with lavender and alstroemeria. Their distinctive blue blooms make a vivid impression in beds and borders. Many ancient cultures believed that the colour blue helps promote relaxation. Add a soothing touch to your landscaping with this marvelous mix of heavenly blues.
Send me an email when this item is available
Send me an email when this item is available
- Botanical Name Iris germanica
- Form Perennial
- Hardiness Zone 4-9
- Flowering Time Midseason flowering. (Mid to late spring)
- Light Requirements Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color All shades of blue and white
- Flower Form Flowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards.
- Foliage Type Glaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Growth Rate Medium
- Zones 4 to 9
- Height/Habit 35 - 40 inches
- Spread 15 - 18 inches
- Planting Instructions Set rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 5 hours of sun per day.
- Soil Requirements Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Remove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6" fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONES||Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs|
|1AB - 5A||3/19/19- 6/16/19|
|5B||2/26/19 - 6/16/19|
|6A - 10AB||2/19/19 - 6/16/19|
|Last Order Date||6/18/2019|
|1AB - 5A||4/16/19- 6/1/19|
|5A||4/12/19 - 6/1/19|
|5B||3/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|6A & 6B||3/5/19 - 6/1/19|
|7A & 7B||2/26/19 - 6/1/19|
|8A & 8B||2/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|9A - 10B||1/22/19 - 6/1/19|
|Last Order Date||5/28/2019|
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/13/18 - 11/2/18|
|7B-13B||8/22/18 - 11/2/18|
|Last Order Date||10/29/18|
|ZONES||Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-5AB||8/15/18 - 12/16/18|
|6AB-7AB||8/22/18 - 12/16/18|
|8AB-13AB||8/29/18 - 12/16/18|
|Last Order Date||12/12/2018|
|1AB-13B||9/6/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||11/12/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|