Welcome to Breck's!
Click Here to Sign Up for Special Offers from Breck's!
English Charm Tall Bearded Reblooming Iris
- Light: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Size: #1 rhizome
- Zone: 4 to 9
- Bloom Time: Mid Spring; reblooms Late Summer to Early Fall
- Height: 34 inches
- Soil Requirement: Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Deer Resistant
- SKU: 63775
- Availability: In Stock
For each offer ordered, get 1
Enrich your garden's beauty with the unique English Charm Tall Reblooming Bearded Iris. After gracing your mid spring garden with its lavishly coloured blossoms, it triumphs again with a reappearance in late summer or early fall. These reblooming iris reward your garden with large fan-shaped blossoms featuring sumptuous apricot and peach falls ruffled in cream and accented by bright yellow veined standards in a soft cream colour.
The English Charm iris grows 34 to 36 inches tall in zones 4 to 9. We recommend that you plant the reblooming iris in mid to late summer in well drained clay, sandy or loamy soil in an area with full or partial sun. Place English Charm tall reblooming bearded iris rhizomes 1 inch deep in the soil and between 12 to 24 inches apart to allow for a spread of 12 to 18 inches.
The perennial English Charm iris is easy to grow and will return annually. Good mid spring companion plants include tulips and daffodils. During the second bloom, begonias, false sunflowers and fall blooming roses make lovely companion plants. Reblooming iris grow well on slopes and along banks, livening up the landscape. Use them to border hedges, walls and fences or plant them in clusters in the garden bed. Dress your garden in English Charm iris for twice the beauty.
- Botanical Name Iris germanica 'English Charm'
- Form Perennial
- Hardiness Zone 4-9
- Flowering Time Midseason (Mid spring) and again in late summer-early fall.
- Light Requirements Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color Peach tones subtly infuse the creamy standards. The ruffled and flared falls are smoothly finished in light apricot-peach.
- Flower Form 5" flowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards.
- Foliage Type Glaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Growth Rate Medium
- Zones 4 to 9
- Height/Habit 34 inches
- Spread 18 - 24 inches
- Planting Instructions Set rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 5 hours of sun per day.
- Soil Requirements Well drained preferred. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will Tolerate Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning Remove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6" fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
Breck's Shipping Schedule
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONES||Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs|
|1AB - 5A||3/19/19- 6/16/19|
|5B||2/26/19 - 6/16/19|
|6A - 10AB||2/19/19 - 6/16/19|
|Last Order Date||6/18/2019|
|1AB - 5A||4/16/19- 6/1/19|
|5A||4/12/19 - 6/1/19|
|5B||3/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|6A & 6B||3/5/19 - 6/1/19|
|7A & 7B||2/26/19 - 6/1/19|
|8A & 8B||2/19/19 - 6/1/19|
|9A - 10B||1/22/19 - 6/1/19|
|Last Order Date||5/28/2019|
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1AB-7A||8/13/19 - 11/2/19|
|7B-13B||8/22/19 - 11/2/19|
|Last Order Date||10/29/19|
|ZONES||Bulbs from Holland|
|1AB-5AB||8/15/19 - 12/16/19|
|6AB-7AB||8/22/19 - 12/16/19|
|8AB-13AB||8/29/19 - 12/16/19|
|Last Order Date||12/12/2019|
|1AB-13B||9/6/19 - 11/16/19|
|Last Order Date||11/12/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule above.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shippied in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shippied direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Gift Certificates are shipped immediately.
If they are in stock, Garden Essentials ship within 4-7 days.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Click here to find your zone!
Our shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $40.00 order-||$9.95|
|$40.01 to $60.00-||$12.95|
|$60.01 to $80.00-||$14.95|
|$80.01 to $100.00-||$16.95|
|$100.01 to over-||$18.95|